Page last modified on : 18/Jul/2020 01:30
CENTRAL PROCUREMENT CELL
Aim & Objective
Involved in centralized procurement of different type of equipment & materials for Sub-station and Transmission Line required for Operation and Construction wing and tendering & awarding of Turn key projects of OPTCL.
- This wing is headed by Sr. General Manager (Electrical).
Some of the salient points:
e-Tendering process have been adopted in place of manual tendering process for procurement of equipment & materials and awarding of contracts for projects, thereby completing the task in a very reasonable time with transparency & secured manner.
Persistent effort in maintaining timely procurement adhering to the proper quality as per latest Indian & International Standards.
Due care is being taken to include products with Latest technological development in power system like,
- SF6 Gas insulated Sub stations up to 400 KV level.
- Augmentation of transmission capacity using High temperature & low sag conductor.
- Sub-station Automation & SCADA system in communication.
- Enlistment of vendors through a strict evaluation process for supply of equipment & materials for Turnkey projects.
- Periodic preparation of Cost data for equipment & materials.
- Enlistment of rate contract holder firms for OPTCL work through tendering.
- Enlistment of rate contract holder firms for Tower materials through tendering.
- Enlistment of rate contract holder firms for OPGW system through tendering.
Major achievement of CPC highlighted as hereunder:
- Power/Auto transformers of rating 20, 40, 63,160 and 500 MVA capacity of different voltage level up to 400 KV have been finalised during 2019 amounting to Rs 121.83 Crores.
- Procurement of 16,098 Nos. of distribution transformers of different ratings under Biju Gram Jyoti Yojan for all DISCOMs in Odisha under Govt. funding have been finalised amounting to Rs 278.23 Crores.
- Biennial procurement of equipment & materials of different voltage level for O&M work have been finalised amounting to Rs 102 Crores.
- Sub Station Automation System have been awarded for 24 Nos. Grid Sub-Station amounting to Rs 27.71 Crores.
- Project for OPGW system have been awarded for 1794 Kms amounting to Rs 54.26 Crores.
- Balance 2251 KMs of OPGW system have been awarded amounting to Rs 57.35 Crores.
- Supply & Installations of 78 Nos. RTUs have been awarded amounting to Rs 6.21 Crores.
- JICA funded Turn-key projects (Construction of New Grid Sub-stations & Transmission lines) have been awarded amounting to Rs 819 crores.
- OPTCL funded Turn-key projects (Construction of New Grid Sub-stations & Transmission lines) have been awarded amounting to Rs 224.59 crores.