Aim & Objective
Involved in centralized procurement of different type of equipment & materials for Sub-station and Transmission Line required for Operation and Construction wing and tendering & awarding of Turn key projects of OPTCL.
- This wing is headed by Sr. General Manager (Electrical).
Some of the salient points:
- e-Tendering process have been adopted in place of manual tendering process for procurement of equipment & materials and awarding of contracts for projects, thereby completing the task in a very reasonable time with transparency & secured manner.
- Persistent effort in maintaining timely procurement adhering to the proper quality as per latest Indian & International Standards.
- Due care is being taken to include products with Latest technological development in power system like,
- SF6 Gas insulated Sub stations up to 400 KV level.
- Augmentation of transmission capacity using High temperature & low sag conductor.
- Sub-station Automation & SCADA system in communication.
- Enlistment of vendors through a strict evaluation process for supply of equipment & materials for Turnkey projects.
- Periodic preparation of Cost data for equipment & materials.
- Enlistment of rate contract holder firms for OPTCL work through tendering.
- Enlistment of rate contract holder firms for Tower materials through tendering.
- Enlistment of rate contract holder firms for OPGW system through tendering.
Major achievement of CPC highlighted as hereunder:
- Power/Auto transformers of rating 20, 40, 63,160 and 500 MVA capacity of different voltage level up to 400 KV have been finalised during 2022 amounting to Rs 11.70 Crores.
- Biennial procurement of equipment & materials of different voltage level for O&M work have been finalised amounting to Rs 16 Crores.
- Sub Station Automation System have been awarded for 10 Nos. Grid Sub-Station amounting to Rs 36.55 Crores.
- Project for OPGW system have been awarded for 1794 Kms amounting to Rs 54.26 Crores.
- Balance 2251 KMs of OPGW system have been awarded amounting to Rs 57.35 Crores.
- Supply & Installations of 78 Nos. RTUs have been awarded amounting to Rs 6.21 Crores.
- JICA funded Turn-key projects (Construction of New Grid Sub-stations & Transmission lines) have been awarded amounting to Rs 819 crores.
- OPTCL funded Turn-key projects (Construction of New Grid Sub-stations & Transmission lines) have been awarded amounting to Rs 251.64 crores.